Generousity isn't related to one's occupation

I experienced such an annoying moment several weeks ago. I took my mom to have (quite late) lunch in one of new diners near our house, W****** S****. It was about 3 pm... not a common hour to eat, so it's normal if there weren't other people than us.

Then, a woman came out from the house - the place was in front of a house - she introduced herself as the owner of the place and called her staff to serve us. while waiting she accompanied us and we had chit chat. So I knew that she was a senior teacher, a friend of my neighbour too. I didn't talk too much, just answered her questions as needed. Since naturally I don't really like to talk too much to strangers. My mom did. and they talk about many things - which most of it didn't interest me -

When we're talking, came 2 young girls bringing a carton box. Surely we knew that they asked some money, not much, they wouldn't protest to any given money they receive. But to my surprise, this woman so-called owner of this place said something rude to them instead of gave them money. I was sick to this situation, then I gave these girls money - no, I don't try to impress anyone that I was generous, it just against the value I'm living with to let anyone come for help then I let them get nothing-

And this woman, again, surprised me by saying that she would pay me back for the money I've given. I said no, thanks. I didn't mind. Then she said - which made me feel more disgusting to her - "You make me feel guitly" I didn't understand why she would feel it until she explained it beause she was a civil servant while i wasn't"

Oh My Dear God!!!

I'm not indeed, but please... generousity really has nothing to do with one's occupation, or let's say... wealth. It's about value we're living with. My mom always teaches me to be kind to anyone, never let anyone come to us for help then go dissappointed. Because whenever we help others, in the meantime we're helping ourselves. It's quite similar to save money in a bank. It seems we lose our money, but in fact we're not. We can take it back anytime we need it. It goes the same to the kindness we give to others. We can get it back - even greater - when we need it. Of course we can't expect the same person to do the same, but believe me,God has many ways to pay us back.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Konflik Ngga Penting

Why Did You Do That?